What's INSIDE Matters the Most

What's INSIDE Matters the Most
Roses are best with Thorns

28 January 2014

On the Rebound...This May be the Magic

Please read: John 1:29-34

“Non-Champions may know how to persevere,

but you can’t just persevere in all things.
Because in some areas,
the wisest thing to do is to actually GIVE UP.” 
– Bo Sanchez

May mga pagkakataon na ayaw mo nang magpatalo kasi mukhang “one-man win” na lang palagi ang peg, and you were made to feel insulted mostly -- even below the belt.
-- mga pagkakataon na minsan ka nang nanahimik dahil inasahan mong may makukunsensya sa hindi mo pakikipag-brasuhan; pero mas lalong naramdaman ng opponent na 
sya ang “wagi” at ikaw, “asar-talo”!

 At that point na halos naibigay mo na lahat hanggang sa “respect” na lang ang ipinaki-usap mong itira sayo at pag namamayani na ang galit sa pagkatao mo, LET GO! 
– Gail Montero

Much is true … “Going through life is just like coursing through a “basketball court”!
There are really instances when it’s more sensible to “give-up and just let go” than to put-up a BAD FIGHT!

When set-backs attack and when we’re on the losing-end, “CATCH BALL- OFF BACKBOARD” MOVE lang ang katapat nyan … REBOUND in short! -- but we’ve got to be more cautious with our STRATEGies the next time we’re ready to SPRING BACK!

Minsan, kapag nakaka-stress na, mabuti pang daanin mo na lang sa kanta:
          D               G                  D               G
         Take me to your heart,    Show me where to start ...
         C#m               F#m     Bm              A                Em
         Got to believe in magic,  Tell me how two people find each other
         C                     
         In a world that's full of strangers; . . . 
 
Pero oo nga noh, at some point, we no longer get to enjoy the  “court of life” kasi, parang “strangers” na halos tayo sa mga kasama natin --  dahil may mga ilang bagay na nakakalimutan na natin:
When was the last time  na tumingin ka sa mga mata ng kasama mo while dribbling the ball to the same direction kasi magka-team kayo?
When was the last time na inintindi mo ang ibig sabihin ng mga galaw nya para alam mo kung kailan nya kailangan ng back-up at support mo?
When was the last time na sinalag mo ang atake ng kalaban para di sya tuluyang masaktan?
When was the last time na ni-recognize mo ang effort nyang mag-assist sayo habang pareho nyong pinagsusumikapang maka-goal?
& when was the last time na may nasabi kang maganda tungkol sa kanya kasi na-appreciate mo ang role na ginagampanan nya sa team nyo?

This was exactly how John the Baptist “teamed-up with Jesus” in today’s gospel. It hasn’t been easy & he really had to take it upon himself to EDIFY Jesus & proclaim that Jesus is the “lamb of God” -- because even him, did not know where to start; but his willingness to “understand God’s heart” made him finally persistent in doing God’s will.

Ang i-give up ang hangaring di-matalo 
kahit na pwedeng maraming masaktan,  
ang  i-let go ang galit sa puso natin  at
ang pagsumikapang i-prove 
that we have God within us
sa mga kasama natin sa ating “life court” 
bilang isang team
kahit na to the point na 
may mga bagay na kailangan nating i-sacrifice
just for the sake of  “putting up a good fight 
until we finish the game”

-- this may be the “magic” 
which we’ve got to believe-in!  #sunset

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pelegrino,Rochan. P.


I know when to give up and why give up.
But giving up is hard to do, may be because of my ego.
Kung alam ko namang walang reason para lumaban pa I give up.
If this is the only way to fix isyu from both sides. I believe that
God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes may mga bagay na masakit tangapin
But later on i realize the blessing behind that.
I try to make my life simple, but each day is memorable.

thats all.

Unknown said...

Life is always a struggle, but it will humble you.It will attempt to break you down. And sometimes when you think that everything was going so well, as what you have plan, then suddenly, you will be pull down, and left with unanswered questions in mind.

One reason why people failed to achieve their dreams/ambitions is because they simply GIVE UP. Life was never meant to be easy at all, with the constant test in life, with extreme lows and extreme highs. Remember the times when it is most important to persevere are the time you will be most tested.

As I quote what – Dale Carnegie said " Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." We can never know that WE CAN DO IT, if we simply quit because we are hurt.

But aside from striving hard in reaching your goals, you must also listen to what the Lord's plan for you, before continuing in whatever you plan for yourself.. everything will happen when it is HIS WILL. and Trust in HIM, then next is what we call "magic" in our life.

Unknown said...

The word give up or ayoko na, for me this word is very hard specially if you are fighting the biggest fight in your life, like survival, you can never give up when your life is on the risk or meaning to say when your life is on hand. Will you hand over this and lost the fight or you will still give your best and assets and bring some things that you can’t imagine that you can give.
Still I’m just a human who know my limitation I know when to give up and why to give up. I just remember when my mother where on the hospital before she die. Even though my family do not want her to past away or to simply give up we ask here. With this kind of words,” mama kaya mo paba?, kasi kung hindi na sigi pahinga kana, alam ko na pagud ka na pero tandaan mo na mahal na mahal kananin, oo kakayanin naming to hayaan mo we promise you will still be proud to us”, then after a few hours she already give in. Now can you juge a person who give up or stay in the fight even you know giving up was or letting go of a person is one of the best thing like I love you
For us who still in this world I believe giving up is not an option, life is a battle field yes sometimes we lost in a fight but thus it mean you are giving up
Just like my Bgy. Ginebra said never say die. Life must still go on, laban lang

Unknown said...

Giving up does not mean u stop believing.. you can still look up and pray .. ask for guidance and strengh to fight back and do corrective action.. failures will help you to embrace bigger success in life.. you can hold on to your dreams without losing yourself... your character determines your success.

Find time to have open relationship within your self.
Your self has the power to overcome fears.
With that you master the principle of courage to defeat your own enemy which is your thine self...

Hope is a free spirit that flows within your bloodstream..
It gives meaning to your self rightiousness
The element of your self gives life to your path of success.

Live as is....life is life in its own ways...

Embrace what u have n use it the way your heart beats...

.

Unknown said...

Sabi nila 'don't quit', 'don't give up, pero marami-rami narin sa buhay na paminsan-minsan kelangan mag-let go. Nakakatawa man minsan after quitting, lalo pa't di ganun ang pagkakakilala mo sa sarili mo na basta-basta nalang sumusuko pero kelangan lang talaga kasi yun ang mas mainam gawin. Maaaring di para sa sarili mo kung sa mga taong minamahal mo kelangan magsakripisyo.

SELFLESSNESS, ang dahilan ng ilang pag urong ko.I usually weigh things out para mas makita at mapagdesisyonan ang mga bagay na mas marami ang makikinabang. And many times those decisions ay maituturi ko pa ring panalo, dahil masaya pa rin ang pakiramdam dahil may mga importanteng tao na napasaya mo at nabiyayaan. God always have reasons for everything, so I believe that sometimes giving-up is still winning a fight!

Unknown said...

Letting go madaling sabihin pero mahirap gawin,, Minsan no choice kundi mag give up tlaga...mahirap man pero kung eto n lang ang paraan then give way... Lahat ng bagay may rason kung bakit ngyayari... Move on and let go of the past it maybe painful for now, but eventually you'll realize that letting go made your life a lot better....

ozonemedgroup said...

Hi TERE here!

How can I believe in magic where in fact it does not happen, hopeless romantic talaga ako kaya I would just wait for miracles, just want to be numb and I'm happy for those who find the magic of love.

Unknown said...

Give up? Quit? It is tough to do. If I know that I have the reason to fight for something or someone, I don’t even think twice to give a fight. But if there is enough reason to give up, I quit. If giving up means peace of mind, then surely I will do. When you decide, please decide for the better and not for the worst. And that what I am trying to because it is not that easy.

Lily of the Valley said...

Cristina B. YbaƱez

When I was much younger, I wouldn't leave a fight that easily and will exhaust all my physical and mental powers to win. This might pertain to games or debates in school or fighting with my neighbors. But those were the days, as I grow older experience taught me to chose my battles and give up senseless fights or arguments that will harm not only how people perceived me but my family as well. It is not an easy task to do, since my natural response is to react and correct the person. I will always remember what my Pastors told me that you cannot the situation but rather your reaction. It kept pulling me so I will keep my mouth shut although I falter and fought at times.

In my relationship with my husband, we came to a point that I told him this is it..I want you to go and find your happiness if your not happy with me. I want people to stay with me because they want to and not by force. I prayed to the Lord to hold me because I might fall anytime and end my life due to un-imaginable frustrations. I thank God that He is faithful, though I'm not faithful. My husband and I are still together, the question is until when? I leave that to the Lord.

When I found out that my life will not be the same anymore, I asked and cried stoppingly to the Lord. Why me? Why should I suffer when it is not my mistake? I have my children who are dependent to me. Everytime I look in their innocent face and mind, unknown that their mother cannot stay with them for a long time. My heart cries out to the Lord with such wailing that only Him understands. I let go all my fears and worries and leave it a the foot of our Lord Jesus, because I know He will take care of it. I'm vulnerable and my faith shaketh like never before but the only thing that I can do is to LET GO... of the past, of all my worries, of the pain that I felt everyday. Only the Lord knows how heavy is the burden in my yolk, I asked Him over and over again why me? did I really deserve this? why does my children have to suffer in the end? I want to see my grandchild with them and manage how they will walk down the aisle. But how? I don't have any assurance but to keep the faith and pray for a miracle. Nothing is impossible to the Lord, I want to be free from all the sickness that we have.

For His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, I know that God has a plan in our life that's why I'm walking and keeping my hope. I cannot show to my children how weak their mother is but I need to teach them to be independent and be strong. God knows how fragile I am inside but for the sake of my faith to Him I will go, go to reach my dreams, bring joy to my family and peace in my heart.

Naychronicles said...

The word giving up doesn't mean you lose in a fight. Pwede naman kasi na your just giving up kasi nag-makeway ka lang, or bilang pagrespeto na lang ay wag na lang patulan.

Minsan nakakaranas ako ng word na give up pag may mga bagay na sobrang babaw, pangaway bata and not worth fighting for.


Minsan naisip ko na giving up in some circumstances means a person is mature enough to hold his emotion, mature enough to come to a point na we do think as if we are wise man.